An Active Wine Community
You'll get access to a private Facebook community with fellow students, fellow wine geeks and professionals to make sure you can ask all the wine-related questions you have - no matter how dorky you may think they are!
Favorite Wine Resources Guide
You'll get my updated guide of all my favorite and trusted wine resources - books, websites, wine blogs and more.
Tickets Toward a Live Wine Tasting
Here is your chance to hang out and drink with Jen during one of her LIVE, two hour virtual tastings!
Not Your Average Tasting!
My cousin is amazing.
Relaxed + Enjoyable!
It's wine for real people.
Fantastic Way to Spend an Evening!
Jen is Super-knowledgeable!
Look, the world of wine can be intimidating. It is delicious but sometimes it can be a chore to pick out something you know you are going to like. You don't want to waste your time and money on a bottle of something gross.
- A person just starting to appreciate wine and tired of buying the same bottle every time. You want to expand your horizons and try something new with confidence.
- A wine lover who wants to know how to learn a bit more about wine without the expensive, stuffy classroom setting.
- Someone looking to become more fluent in wines for those occasional business meetings.
- A couple looking to have more adventurous wine pairings along with your home cooked meals or dinners out.
- A gift-giver looking for something new and different experience for your loved ones have this year.
If you saw yourself in any of those descriptions, FANTASTIC. This course was created for you.
The Savvy Somm Wine Essentials course will give you the tools to appreciate wine and communicate your preferences...and have fun at the same time.
How to approach wine like a pro and figure out why you like it
What makes a wine better than another?
Food and wine pairings that work and why they do
How to spot key info on a wine label and why it matters. It has nothing to do with the artwork.
How to properly serve and store your wine. HINT - most Americans serve wine either too cold or too warm.
How to pick your next wine with confidence! No more guessing at the restaurant or wine store.
Why a higher price or a "high rating" doesn't always mean it is a better wine...or more importantly, that you will like it.
- Three guided modules showing you literally how to take your wine tasting up a notch...or two.
- Customized tools you will need to assess wine like a pro - complete with an exclusive wine tasting mat, resource guide and more.
- A complete, step by step approach to tasting wine to help you figure out why you like what you like.
- Popular food pairings, why they work and how to pick out a wine to go with your food!
- Updating Shopping Guides from stores like Trader Joe's and Costco with my current top wine picks.
- Monthly live Q+A Sessions with Jen to answer all your wine-related questions!
Does this include the wine?
No, but a list will be provided with recommended wine for the tasting portion of the course.
I don't know anything about wine, is this going to be too advanced for me?
YES! This course was designed for you and folks who want to take their wine knowledge a little further.
I have taken formal classes through WSET, CMS, etc. Can I take this course?
If you have taken and completed formal certification courses through programs such as the WSET, CMS or other certification body, this is NOT the course for you.
Is this a live class?
No. This class has recorded modules so you can take the class at your own time in your own pace. There will be opportunities to ask Jen questions during her live Q+As or through our Facebook community.
You should give The Savvy Somm Wine Essentials course a 14-day risk free shot if you are motivated by any of the following:
- Saving money by buying wine you will actually like!
- Knowing what to do when it comes to wine during a business dinner
- Learning about wine without spending a fortune on stuffy classes you don't need.
You know you want to do this.